Monday, January 4, 2010

January Flower of the Month


gardenia, originally uploaded by *omnia*.

I hope the new year is treating everyone well! My new beginning is a Flower of the Month! One flower every month from my very favorites to share with you.

Gardenias have always been my favorite!! I absolutely adore them, not just as a wedding flower, but in general! They are available as large blooms- 3" - 4" and in a miniature form as well, and have a heavenly aroma! If you love fragrant flowers, you'll love this one!

GARDENIA

Meaning: Purity, joy
Best For: Bouquets and boutonnieres
Scent: Very fragrant
In Season: Year-round
Price Range: Expensive

Here in the Northeast we can't grow them outdoors, but if your thumb is green enough to keep them indoors- more power to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment